Friday 16 March 2012

Bliss.

I love home education, I love the flexibility that allows me to take advantage of a really nice sunny day.  I love that I get to arrange fun events at a local youth centre for local home ed children, and then privileged to see the creations they come up with. 

Yesterday the children used the craft materials to make all manner of beautiful pictures and sculptures, as well as decorating some plant pots and planting seeds.  The pot luck lunch we ate together was lovely, full of healthy foods too; ham and cheese rolls, sliced peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, fruit, crackers, dips and some sweet stuff, mini baked donuts and mini chocolate chip muffins. 

Afterwards a few of us decided to descend upon the Coastal Park, and we stayed until it was dark and even saw some fire jugglers down on the beach!  Amazing.  The children had a fabulous time and so did the adults. 
It was  a hint of things to come as the days get warmer and longer, and oh my gosh, I can't wait!



The sea looked beautiful, still as a milpond at one point. 

5 comments:

Rose said...

Am insanely envious, so glad you're living this dream with your boy. Much love and raising a glass to those things to come x

missking said...

sound like you had a memorable day and i am glad that you feel better now.
wanted to let you know that the steiner fayre is on in canterbury from 11 - 4 on sun 1st april!
caroline x

Joxy34 said...

Oooh wonderful. Thank you hun! Maybe see you there then :D

Sandra Ann said...

I'm sure Rye has grown several inches!!

I always enjoy reading your posts they are full of fun, humour and honesty.

Thanks for your support re a recent posting on the forum.

Hugs San xx

Unknown said...

Wow...looks beautiful. Wish we could have made it down there too. Maybe one day we will actually meet as I believe we know some of the same people and I often 'see' you on facebook lol.