Saturday 17 March 2012

Badgering Away & TaaaaDaaaaah!

LOL, so tonight was the get together for Kent Pagans to celebrate the Spring Equinox.  A very lovely ritual, involving seeds and germinating plans for the year to come.  And also a goodbye for the very lovely Badger Family, who will be sorely missed when they move.

Kent Pagans asked me to make a gift for the family, and eagerly I said "of course, no problem"...a nd then realised I had mere days to knock something out..... and in the end it turned out I had today!  Today I beavered..sorry, badgered away.... and produced........

 A Badger Shield.   The paw print is an actual badger print that I printed and cut around, although, it ended up a little more spread out than it should have, but I was using hot glue so not a great deal of time to play with the position.
 Really pleased how good the brown felting looks on the back.  This shield is simply a a circle, with black and white segments, and then a cardboard hoop inside, with stuffing (real wool) in the middle to fill out the shield a bit.  And then I hot glued it all together.  I didn't have time to try and sew it together, and honestly, my sewing skills aren't good enough to for something like this anyway.
Really, really pleased how well this turned out.  So much so I may have to make a couple of play shields for the dressing up box for the kids.    Oooh and look at those buttons, aren't they just PERFECT! 


Good luck Badger Family in your new home :D

1 comment:

Claire said...

Hi, I've been reading your blog for a while, but I think this is my first comment...love the badger shield! Well done! :-) xxx

http://evans-crittens.blogspot.co.uk/