Friday 5 September 2014

WEHEC 2014

Fabulous, in a word!

Rye was feral pretty much all week, barely saw him, well except when he came back with head eating puppets - the rotter!

He crafted, climbed, painted, played, swung, toasted marshmallows, made loads of new friends - in fact long term readers, will not be surprised to read he had a possy of girlfriends. I'm fair dreading the teenage years.

 

This camp is all about the kids which left me with plenty of hooky time, chatting and cuppas...ok often the cuppa was a tin of cider....

I did get a bit grumpy with the changeable weather, there was a lot of rain! And despite juicing beforehand, by the end of the week the pain in my knees was agony. It's eased some now, but still very painful - stairs make me curse colourfully at the mo. I so missed my bell tent, my old teepee is great, but it did feel rather small and just wasn't as comfortable as the superb bell tent. I see bell tent boutique sell polyester ones now - I will look into it - the last polyester bell tent I had was very poorly made and the guy ropes pinged off at first tripping over; the boutique though does have a good rep, so hopefully their bell tent will be ok.

Anyway back to WEHEC. Oh yes it was great, and a lot I didn't see because Rye was more interested in playing on the rather fabulous pirate ship.

The talent show at the end of the week was fun, Rye loved it, though he didn't participate. Maybe next year.

And oh the excitement as this rolled into the station, while we waited for our train home. A rather perfect ending to a magical week.

 

No comments: