Thursday 8 September 2011

Taaa - Daaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - Ripple Blanket.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, started 28th May finished today.   One of these days I might just sit and hook a blanket and see how long it would take me, if I weren't hooking other things at the same time.  I may even consider offering the next blanket up for sale...  although first I need to begin on Yule makes.... but anyway, here I am rabbitting on.... so here's some photos :-)
 Taaa-Daaah!   Ahhh I'm loving the stripey goodness, I wasn't so loving the ripple pattern, I found myself keep loosing stitches on the edge, so there's a fair bit of adjusting down one side.  That's the problem with working a large project inbetween other projects.  I wouldn't notice that I'd lost a few stitches on the end..and by the time I did realise, the idea of ripping it back was just not considered.  So I've slowly added stitches back in, and then on the edging I've used larger stitches where I lost end stitches to compensate........... thus this is a far from perfect blanket... but it's finished and I'm glad.
 And now it is finished, I am starting to love it... inspite of the imperfections.
 Constantly amases me that a wee 4.5mm hook produced a blanket this size!

 One wee boy, who has been badgering me for days with, "Is it finished yet?".
 He looks pleased,  doesn't he :-)
And all snug in bed after a bath. 
(I bought the star cushion at the Mercian Gathering, off one of the lasses we were camped with, she knits the most amazing green men and witches!)

7 comments:

Jacqui said...

Absolutely fantastic! I hope to start mine over the weekend. I am worried about losing stitches off the end too - I know I will - but still I want to do it.
I am so so impressed with this J - the colours are gorgeous. xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous...looks lovely and snuggly :o)

arwen_tiw said...

Oh it is LOVELY! :)

Motherfunker said...

Stunning! :-) x

Laura said...

oh so gorgeous! x

Susie said...

That is really beautiful, i love it!!

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Well that is just stunning, love it, well done! x