Wednesday 25 September 2013

Autumn Makes

Autumn starts me thinking of rich oranges, reds, yellows and brown, of hearth fires and snuggling up cosy.

Here are a few makes with the Autumn theme in mind: 


I love this little newborn hat, this one is sized for a newborn and is listed on Etsy. Rye wants one too, though I need to buy more yarn, which is gorgeous; Drops Nepal an Aran yarn made from wool and alpaca..
 The pattern for this hat is by Becky Ferris here

My next make was an order for Autumn Owls


So love the colours 

And I'm making myself a caplet with a pixie hood:  


 
Designing it as I go, inspired by a commission for a child's cloak, which I'm looking forward to starting properly, (once in Liverpool I'll crack on).

I've been making more leaves too, now need a few more pumpkins:


Haven't quite decided what to do with these, I'm thinking a leaf and pumpkin garland, I'd like to give the impression of falling leaves, just need to play a bit more with the arrangement.  

Ooh and I'm having a give away on my Facebook page once I reach a 1000 likes (about 20 away), I will choose the most popular suggestion for the prize (based on an Autumal theme), and hook it for the winner.

To enter pop over to my page and like it, then leave a comment on the pinned post.  I'd really appreciate a share too :-). Cheers, and good luck.

And anyone who doesn't have Facebook, not to worry, I'll be running a blog give away to celebrate my move to Liverpool, once we have settled in.  


 
 
 

No comments: