Friday 10 April 2009

Guests.

So, the bread is proving, the veggie chilli is in the slowcooker and I think, I'm all set for Sarie and her family to arrive later this afternoon :) Very exciting. Shame the clouds have hidden the sun, it was beautiful earlier. Unfortunately, the weather forecast isn't great for tonight so we have the contingency plan that if the weather is awful they can bunk in Rye's room. Its not a big room by any standards but it will be better than being cold and possibly damp.

Oh, and I really must remember to keep my purse well out of reach of questing little fingers. We walked to the garage this lunchtime to pick up a few supplies for the weekend and when I got to the checkout I discovered my debit card wasn't in my purse. Cue, having to rush back to the house to find it and rush back to the shop. Ah well, it was a nice walk and was really quite warm; although with the sun gone the temperature feels to have dropped a bit.

Walking back with the shopping Rye and a little girl were eyeballing each other. They clearly wanted to play together but we'd not had lunch and I don't know the family yet. However, as they are close by and the children look around Rye's age I might have to introduce myself soon. Goodness, listen to me, I normally wouldn't dream of introducing myself to strangers and yet here I am thinking about it as the family only live a few houses up the road and it would be nice to try and get to know the neighbours and increase Rye's social circle :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Say hello to Sarie from me! How exciting! Meeting a 'real life' person from GP LOL