Thursday 16 April 2009

Water Paints.

We thought we'd do some art work this morning, Rye had got the hard watercolours from the under the kitchen sink and some paper, so I thought "what the heck", I had planned baking as it's a grey day and was raining earlier; although we probably will still bake later this afternoon.


The photos are actually in revese order; this top one is of the almost finished piece. I do so hate how blogger inserts photos and its so difficult to move the blasted things - they either end up being copied or deleted - grrrr.

But anyway, lots of colour learning, learning about the medium of water colour - even how water mixed with a hard colour produces a "wet" colour that can be used to make marks. And Rye is now experiementing with marks made with various toys. (I guess I'll be doing a lot of toying washing tonight lol)

I think he loves painting so much because it involves water; and he loves playing with water (and is now enjoying his baths again) and he likes to make marks and scribble so painting involves two elements of his joy.










No comments: