Tuesday 6 July 2010

HE Group - Kearnsey Abbey, Dover.

A lovely, lovely day.  We left the house at 9:30am, walked to the train station, caught the fast rain to Dover - which ironically, was late so we missed our connecting train.  GRRR.

Interestingly enough, inspite of the name, there's never been a monastry, it was large stately home, although only the West Wing survives now, which is the wee cafe.  There were 4 maybe 5 other HE families there.  Rye immedately raced off to play in the newly fitted out play area, and actually, spent most of the day there.  And my mindee raced after him, after getting into everyone's bags and charming food off everyone.  That girl is a ganet!

I'm afraid there's no photos, partly because I was sat crocheting and chatting while the kids played, and partly because a few of the kids decided to play with the buggy.  No problem, until one little boy wondered what would happen if  he pushed it into the stream.  At first I was, "Oh, it will dry..." then I remember my wallet, mobile, camera and keys were in the pocket at the back of the buggy.  Ooops.  Yes, all soaked.  Everything is drying out and hopefully will be fine.  The mama of the wee lad, was mortified and kept saying I must let her know if anything is ruined and she will replace... but the phone and camera are getting on a bit, and hey, probably a sign I could do with upgrading, anyway :-)

And then before I knew it, it was time to begin making tracks back home.  A grand day.  The children have had a lovely time and Kearnsey Abbey is a lovely place with ornamental lakes full of ducks, geese and swans, a large tree of lebanon, which is so big it's now fenced off because it has a habit of dropping branches, a handy wee stream for the kids to play in, (hehehe, and throw my pushchair into, oops), a really lovely playarea etc.  And yeah, it was pretty busy, busier than I expected, but still it was lovely - although not so sure about going when the school holidays are upon us.

1 comment:

sue said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day, shame about your phone etc having a wee wash :(
xx