Loved making this shawl, and I've been itching to share photos.
Today was my friend's birthday, and she has duly received the shawl and loved it, so now I can do the "Taaaaa Daaahhhhh" post.
I made the pattern up as I rather forgot to check out the book on Folksy, so I looked at blogs, looked at Lucy's photos and then worked it out from there. So it is slightly different, but essentially it's the Japanese flower motif.
Anyway, here's the photos, so chuffed with how this turned out!
I finally completed it yesterday, after been too busy to get on with it last week, these photos are the shawl unblocked.
This is the shawl blocking - all I did here, is pin the flowers out, mainly on the edges and then sprayed with water and left 24 hours to dry.
I used Rico creative cotton, with a smattering of soya cotton, a charity shop cotton (blue) and stylecraft cotton. I can 't quite remember how many colours I used - about 14 I think, impressively I generally only used 1 50g ball of yarn of each colour, except for yellow, pink and lilac, in which the second ball was started. So I have loads of this yarn left.
I've played with this motif in cotton thread too, and it looks just as lovely, I see myself making many, many more flowers!