Tuesday 23 August 2011

Crochet & Curry night.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bliss.

My gorgeous son is visiting his dad, so I took advantage and invited a couple of friends over for an evening of crochet and we decided also add a curry to the mix.  YUM.

Honestly, there wasn't a whole lot of crochet going on as we enjoyed being able to chat without having to jump up to deal with children crying, asking questions, getting stuck, wanting a drink, a snack, bum changing, sniffles wiping, flyby hugs, acting as a human climbing frame etc.

I did teach one friend how to crochet, she was a dream to teach, and picked up chain stitch and double crochet very easily.  So next time I see her, I'll show her how to do a treble and then probably start her off making granny squares :-)

I went to bed far, far too late last night, but ooh it was worth it. 
And it was wonderful to have company in the evening.

Tonight, I plan to give my bedroom a tidy up and then afterwards I might, just might, get out that sewing machine i bought so many moons ago, out and have a go at cleaning and setting it up ;-)

No comments: