A month on and I've completed the granny square blanket.
Originially it was going to be one huge grannysquare, however, what I originially had in mind, clearly wasn't going to work; so I decided to do 4 large grannysquares and sew them together. A perfect size for a blanket for my sofa.
I used James C Brett Marbled Chunky 100% premium Acrylic.
I had quite a bit in my stash, although I did have to buy a little more to complete the blanket, approx 6 1/2 200g balls in all. So anyway, here is the blanket; I like it; but I'm not in love with it. The colours and colour pattern isn't quite barmy enough for me; but it is a lovely snuggly blanket and it does look nice on the sofa.