Tuesday 28 October 2008

Attempt at dying wool


I decided to dye the disana wool pants green.

It went ok, well apart from being paranoid that'd drop the bucket of dye all over my carpet.

The green is suppose to be forest green but it dyed at a much lighter colour, a little ambivilent about the colour - still its better than the cream which looked dirty all the time because of the bobbling. The photo doesn't really show the colour, it's more of a pitaschio green colour.
I did, however, manage to dye my right hand forest green - rubber gloves must had had a hole in them somewhere. Doh!


3 comments:

arwen_tiw said...

Lol and I had to tell you I just read your introduction and laughed out loud all over again about a conversation I had with Jenna this week.

She was talking about "scary witches" and halloween, seen too many window displays lately, and I asked her if she was scared of witches. She said no.

I told her that you are a witch, and that it just means you believe some slightly different things about God to what I believe, and that you believe the world is very precious and sort of alive and that if we take care of it it will take care of us.

And she said. "OK. I believe that too. Can I have a pointy hat then?" And I laughed, and found her a pink one in the dressing up box.

:D

Joxy34 said...

LMAO.... oh bless.

Ahh I do love this time of the year, it's cold and wet, but oh so invigorating and snuggly at the same time.

I have Peach, Pear Plum and one of the pages reads "I spy wicked witch"... I change it to "wonderful witch" lol.

arwen_tiw said...

I know, lol. We have plenty of books that need the words changing. ;)

It just made me smile that what I'd said was so similar to what you wrote about yourself! And I love that she was so totally unfazed. :)