Wednesday 4 August 2010

Finished! & Started

Started the tote bag when I visited my brother in July.  I wanted quite a substantially sized bag because of the gear I have to cart around whenever I go out with the kids.  I am rather chuffed it with it, too.

I've been hit by the hooky bug today too.  I've been trying to decide what to send a friend who recently gave birth... and then the lastest crochet mag popped though the letter box with a darling pattern for a dress sized 3-6 months.  I love it!

Another 12 rows and the edging and it's done.  This has worked up so quickly and I'm using 4ply yarn and a 2.5mm hook!  The pattern is from the latest issue (9) of  Inside Crochet - and it is very easy indeed.

4 comments:

picperfic said...

I love your bag! But I love how your little dress is turning out even more...thank you for choosing my pattern :)

Becks said...

Lovely dress. Shall have to go out and flick through a copy to see whether you and I share the same idea of an easy pattern ;-)

KSee said...

The baby dress is darling. I am a friend of Marianne Cant, she designs and makes the most wonderful things.

Joxy34 said...

It is a lovely pattern. I think you'll be fine Becks, it really is quite simple, worked from the top down. And what I really like about this pattern is once the arm holes have been created (by tying off and starting elsewhere, rather than decreases to get shaping) you then join the sides together and continue to work the body of the dress in the round, which I particuarly like because my sewing skills aren't the best :-)

I've used 4ply sock yarn and it's coming out beautifully. I need more friends to have baby girls so I can make this dress again. Its that good!