Oh my gosh! It is finished! Yes, late last night I completed the final row of edging and it was all I could do not to screech with joy. The granny stripe blanket has been a pleasure to make, the edging not so much; although now it's done I love it.
So shall we have a bit of a photo-a-thon :-)
pattern calls for a 2 row stripe, I decided I'd like a 3 row stripe.
And despite been 100% acrylic, it is surprisingly soft and warm. I rather suspect it will be journeying up to Scotland for our camping trip at the end of the month!
Although the excitement is tempered a little by Rye been ill... so here he is snuggled up in the blanket
and now gently snuffling away in sleep, all cosied up.
A few details:
Begun 24th Dec 2010, finished 8th April 2011
2 packs of Stylecraft Special DK 100% Acrylic "Lucy" colours from Masons - using approx a pack and about 3/4, the blanket has cost around £40 to make.
71 stripes, 213 rows.
Edging 2 rows of granny clusters, 3 rows of single trebles and then 1 row of double crochet, finished off with a scalloped edge, consisting of a row of double crochet and then another row of *one half treble, 2 chains and then another half treble in the next stitch, followed by 2 slip stitches in the next 2 stitches, repeated from "*" all the way round.